How many calories should you eat to lose weight?
How to reduce calorie intake?
Obesity in India has outgrown many other health issues lately and this a serious concern that needs to be addressed immediately. But how? It all comes down to your lifestyle and diet? Diet consists of calories and you must look to keep your calorie consumption in check.
Understanding the Concept:
Calorie is a term used to measure the amount of energy that a food contains. When you consume excess calories than your body burns then you gain weight but if you consume less calorie compared to how much your body burns then you will lose weight. Till the age of 18 or 21 you are at not at much risk even if you consume more than what your body needs because your body is still growing and the calories are utilized for many processes inside the body. However, being an adult, excess calories will add unwanted fats to your body and that results in obesity
Calorie intake based on gender:
There are two things that are important here,
1. Gender of the person
2. His/her daily work routine.
If you are highly active then you need to consume more calories compared to someone who’s daily schedule does not involve much physical activity.
On an average, a woman requires 2000 calories while a man requires 2500 calories to maintain their respective energy requirements. It depends on the lifestyle of the person as well. So how many calories do YOU need?
Analyzing how many calories are required:
Nowadays, people make use of calorie calculators to measure their calorie intake. Measuring your food is the best way to keep your calorie intake in check. Count what you eat and it will help you keep track of your diet.
Some important lifestyle changes that can reduce your weight:
- Increase your protein intake. This will reduce your food cravings by up to 60%. Protein builds up body muscles and burns fat as well. Higher intake of protein increases your metabolism which further helps in burning more calories. A high protein diet requires more time for the food to be digested which makes you eat less.
- Avoid sugary drinks. All soft drinks are loaded with sugar and this will certainly not help your cause.
- Start drinking as much water as you can to reduce fat from your body. Studies have shown that drinking more water boosts metabolism and drinking it before the meal helps a lot in consuming lesser calories.
- Exercise! Exercising more and lifting weights causes fat loss, muscle gain loss and increases metabolism.
- Limit the consumption of carbohydrates and fats up to a certain extent.
In the end, you must have that inclination to stay fit because how your mind feels about the whole thing makes all the difference.