Benefits, Dosage & Side Effects of Taurine for Bodybuilding:
Taurine (alternatively: L-Taurine) is an amino acid found inside nerves and muscles of the human body. The nutrient promotes essential elements to the body organs. Considering the benefits, it is highly important for the body. It is one of the core “red bull” and other energy drink ingredients.
What is Taurine?
Taurine imitates insulin in promotion of detoxification process. It is known to boost muscle growth by promoting muscle hydration. It is useful for the retina as it removes damaging molecules from the eyes. As for your auditory organs, taurine prevents tinnitus and hearing loss. Taurine is found abundantly in natural foods like dairy and poultry based foods. However, it can also be processed by body from nuts and beans. Red bull ingredients do contain Taurine in significant amount and is consumed on a large scale.
Recommended Dosage: An intake of taurine should ideally be less than 3000 mg in a day. In case of energy drinks, the consumption pattern should not exceed more than one unit of the product in a day. Ideally, 30 minutes prior to the workout followed by a quick one after the same will be highly beneficial.
Benefits of Taurine: Taurine is useful for human body in more ways than one:
- It promotes cardiovascular health and wellness by reducing blood pressure. This is done by strengthening of cardiac muscles. Hence taurine can have results similar to antioxidants.
- It also has positive effect on reducing inflammation and stress through aiding in formation of GABA.
- Surely, this second most commonly occurring amino acid sustains growth of cells and its membranes. It is this beneficial impact that the amino acid is essential to ward off Parkinson’s disease.
- It helps to metabolise dietary fats and achieving a lean physique. On the other hand, taurine boosts cell volume and muscle fullness. So, it can be thought of an anabolic nutrient that keeps obesity at bay.
- The benefits are highly appreciated by heavy Exercise fanatics in aerobics and strength training. It is also a good idea to relieve muscle cramps, liver and oxidative damage.
- The effect is also positive in relation to lifting weights as it promotes interstitial contractile leverage.
- Taurine is also found to be useful against arterial thickening. It is also beneficial in sustaining energy and fuels you during the workout sessions and at the end of the day, it helps you have an uneventful rest period.
- Well it also promotes testosterone levels and (wink!) your changes of evolutionary promotion. So apart from becoming the cynosure of all females, it will help you keep your love life supercharged.
Side effects: People suffering from psoriasis may develop itching as a result. Excessive dosage is also linked with short term memory loss, diarrhea, ulcers and dizziness. Excessive amount of dosage is linked to side effects like nausea and vomiting. Similarly, intake of energy drinks can increase blood sugar levels and are especially detrimental to the diet watcher’s fitness goals.
Conclusion: An affordable dietary supplement, taurine is beneficial to a health enthusiast in numerous ways. However, the idea is to stick with natural diets rather than off the counter health supplements. So stick with a well balanced diet using natural foods for maximal benefits.
[…] may not deny that even tasty food items are just one among the most useful pleasures of life, along with a weight-loss program really restricts them. So exactly what if you can eat one of one’s favorite things, […]
[…] Taurine 100mg: Improved ability to transport oxygen to muscles; more reps, more weight, more distance, more results.(8) […]
[…] Taurine 100mg: Improved ability to transport oxygen to muscles;* more reps,* more weight,* more distance,* more results.(8) […]